Thursday, 4 February 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

(L-R: Blonde. Bathwater, Skimp, Steady, Punk)
(L-R: Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone, Serious)
(L-R: Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987, Blackout)

About a couple of weeks ago while innocently browsing Feel Unique, I somehow stumbled across the new Limited Edition Gwen Stefani collection from Urban Decay. I adore UD, everything I've tried from them has been amazing and I didn't doubt that this collection would be any different. Naturally being the eyeshadow fiend that I am, the eyeshadow palette grabbed my attention straight away and was quickly added to my cart. I'm also eyeing up the gorgeous blush palette *adds to wishlist*

Let's start with a few things you might be interested to know about this palette. It retails for £40 and contains 15 full sized eyeshadows. Out of the 15 shadows, 3 of them are part of the core collection (Skimp, Stark, Blackout) and rest are all new created by Gwen Stefani. I read a review that said the palette had half shimmer shades and half matte shades but that's not the case, 5 of the shades are matte (Punk, Anaheim, Stark, Zone and Blackout) and the rest are shimmery/metallic shades. The packaging looks gorgeous, it's made out of hard plastic that feels quite weighty and closes magnetically - which I personally love even if bobby pins get stuck to it. It also comes with a huge mirror which is great.

As a fellow neutral lover this palette is right up my street, I adore and wear every shade. I'll admit I was unsure about the shades Harajuku and Danger as I'm not a fan of pinks and blues but to my surprise they are extremely wearable even though they don't look it in the pan. The shade Harajuku is very sheer so it's perfect for a wash of pretty pink and the shade Danger is a very deep royal blue that makes a nice replacement for black and looks great for a subtle pop of colour. If you are in crazy vibrant eyeshadows I probably wouldn't recommend this palette to you.

As you would expect from UD eyeshadows they are buttery soft and extremely pigmented - even the matte ones. Some of the shades look slightly similar, take Steady and Baby, they only difference is that Steady is warmed toned and Baby is cooled toned. The same goes for Anaheim (cool toned) and Zone (warm toned). But as a neutral lover you can never have too many different shades of brown and it's nice that this palette has options for those who like warm toned and those who like cool tones.

My favourite shades from this palette are Blonde, Baby, Anaheim (get for contouring pale skin), Zone, Pop and 1987 (basically all of them?). This has been the only eyeshadow palette I've been using since I got it, it's great for minimalist eye looks which I like for a day to day basis. I think Urban Decay have really outdone themselves with this collaboration with Gwen, every shadow is just as gorgeous as the one next to it and I think Gwen has done a great job at creating the shadows.

Have you tried anything from the Gwen Stefani collection?

LUCY x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this review and swatches Lucy, I love UD shadows and this pallet has some gorgeous shades! Really like the look of Baby, Pop and Harajuku :)

    Hanh / hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Hanh! Those are some really lovey shades, I've been wearing Baby most days!

      Delete
  2. I've seen so much hype around this palette and I must say it looks amazing with some gorgeous shades in there - adding this to my wish list!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it everyday, such a good investment!

      Delete
  3. This palette contains such beautiful shades, I've been wanting to get it for ages! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get your hands on it soon! x

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig