Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 Favourites




Hello everyone! It's yearly favourites time! Even if we are 5 days into 2016 already but better late than never right? I feel like this year has been have been a really good year for make up and skincare for me. After restarting my blog, I really fell back in love with beauty and I've definitely found some holy grail products. This is going to be a long one!

MAKE UP

One Heck Of a Blot Primer
I've reviewed this primer already so I'll link it here if you want an in-depth review on it. For a high street primer it is amazing for a great price! It doesn't have that silicone feel but still does a great job at smoothing out your skin. It also has glycerin in it which helps foundation stick to your skin

ABH Brow Powder & Brow Wiz
Earlier this year I discovered Anastasia Beverly Hills and their hyped about brow products. I'm always trying to sort out my uneven, unruly brows and the combination of the Brow Powder and Brow Wiz have given me the best, most natural looking brows! I use the Soft Brown in the powder and Medium Brow for the pencil - I wasn't sure what shade to get... I find most brow pencils/powder are too warm and unnatural looking but the ABH ones are sort of ashy and just look like your true brow colour.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics
This has been my go-to palette all year, if I'm wearing eye shadow I can guarantee I wearing at least one of these shadows. I don't need to tell you how great UD eye shadows are, they are buttery, bendable and amazing all round. My favourite shades are Stark (second shadow), Cover (fourth shadow) and Primal (fifth shadow). I also love that it's so compact so it's perfect for me when I'm travelling around.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I've spoken about this mascara multiple times but it's just an amazing mascara! It's the only mascara I use and I have in my collection right now. It's lengthens, separates and adds a nice amount of volume.  The wand is a spoon-like shape so it really lifts up the lashes and gives them a curl that holds!

TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer
This highlight is just out of this world. While I've been tempted to try the Becca highlights, I just can't seem to want to as I'm smitten with Mary Lou. I love that you go full on disco ball with it or you can use it to have a real subtle glow! The quality is incredible, it is buttery, not filled with chunky glitter and bendable. I use it on a daily basis and probably will way into 2016.

SKINCARE

This is a new addition to my skincare stash but I adore it already. Is it great at removing make up? Yes, but not the best. Does it do wonders for my skin? Absolutely! It is a peachy-pink wonder. After I use it my skin look so refreshed, soothed, brighter and hydrated. It's the perfect morning cleanser and the perfect second cleanser after removing make up.

I've tried a few chemical exfoliators but the Pixi Glow Tonic gives me the best results! I love that it's mild enough for me to use everyday (day and/or night) and I also love the green packaging. It has massively changed my skin throughout 2015. It has dealt with all those spot scars, dealt with my pesky dry patches and has generally given my skin a added boost of radiance. I don't think anything could push this off the pedestal!

I can't stop using this moisturiser, it's has done wonders for my skin. It's beautiful thick cream that is really nourishing so you only need a tiny amount. I've been through maybe 3 tubes of this stuff over 2015 - crazy! I use on any dry patches on my face or body and by the next day my skin is smooth and hydrated.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
Surprised? I'm sure I've mentioned this possibly 5 times in the past few months so I won't ramble. Long story, short it's the best lip balm ever.

NON BEAUTY

I thought this year I'd throw in a few non-beauty favourites as it is something I love reading about, hopefully you'll enjoy reading mine!

In 2015 I had a huge journey of learning how to drive. For some people it's easy but for me it was pretty difficult. In December, I passed my test and got my first car - hence the car keys. I'm not usually proud of myself but this is one thing I'm really proud of. 

Now I've never been a huge Star Wars fan - don't get me wrong I like it but it's something I never really got into. After having a marathon of all the movies and watching the Force Awakens, I totally get the hype! My boyfriend and my mum couldn't be happier about this. I've brought so much Star Wars tat over the past month. I kid you not, I brought a £30 Stormtripper bear, a BB-8 bobble head and a £4 reusable Star Wars bag. Do I need a reusable Star Wars bag? Not really but, I don't regret it.

Funko Pop's have been my obsession. Photoed above is Flower from Bambi and I love him. I also have Bambi, Daryl (from The Walking Dead) and a BB-8 bobble head as I mentioned. Next on my list is Jon Snow and his wolf Ghost!

A perfume I've been adoring aside from my Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh is the Lancome La Vie Belle. It's a very sweet and sexy scent - too much can be a bit headache inducing but a light spray is fine. It lingers throughout the day and is just a gorgeous perfume.

Lastly is this card holder from Yoshi it is this Oyster Card Holder. I'm the type of person who just carries my cards around everywhere instead of using cash. I love how slim and small it is, it makes it so easy to carry around and I love knowing all my cards are in one place.

Ramble over. If you made it all the way to the end then thank you! What are some of favourite products or memories in 2015? How did you ring in the New Year?

 LUCY 
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Lovely favourites Lucy, I like using the ABW too :) Congrats on passing your driving test, it must be great to have your own car!

    I would say my favourite products from last year was the Caudalie Beauty Elixar, I love it!

    Hanh / hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hanh! I never tried anything from Caudalie but, I'll definitely have to give the brand a go!

      Delete
  2. I can not live without my Pixi Glow tonic either, it is amazing

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Pixi's Glow Tonic! I've heard really good things about it and I've been dying to get my hands on it! I have so many spot scars and I feel like this would really help!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something to invest in if you have the money and it will definitely help with the spot scars! :)

      Delete
  4. The Maybelline mascara and the Anastasia Brow Wiz are two of my 2015 favorites!
    I've heard so much about the Pixi Glow Tonic. Is it drying? Do you have to moisturizer after use?

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they?!
      I personally do moisturise after using it because it's a chemical exfoliant and it is removing almost a layer of skin/dead skin, it's good to hydrate the new skin underneath! It can leave your skin feeling a little tight but after I've moisturised I've never experienced any dryness or my skin drying out. I hope this helps Monika! :)

      Delete
  5. I want to try the Mary Lou-Manizer so badly, it looks beautiful!
    Maddy, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do if you get the chance!

      Delete
  6. Love the Naked palettes! Great wearable shades! I definitely need to try the louminizer!!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get the Naked basics 1 to go with my Naked basics 2!

      Delete
  7. Omg, you inspired me to get the Naked basics palette! I really want one... haha, the shades are so pretty and nice! I tried the Mary Lou-minizer in store (I NEVER really use the instore testers but...) i loved it. i looveee.
    Junniku blog! (What I got for Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, I'm glad! Definitely do pick it up if you can, I use it everyday! It looks gorgeous and looks good on so many different skin tones!

      Delete
  8. Love the lip balm! Lasts so long, works so well!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are certainly such lovely products, and there's a few here that I have to finally try in 2016! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love them as much as I do if you do decided to try them out! :) xx

      Delete
  10. Have you done a review about the Pixi Glow Tonic, I'm in two minds about buying it! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spoken about it a few times, I did a mini review of it here! I can definitely do a full review if this doesn't help! xx

      Delete
  11. Need to try the Urban Decay Naked basics 2 palette, looks lovely! x
    https://bebraveliveforme.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I am going to purchase the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette soon. I have the first basics palette and love it. I also really loved the lash sensational mascara as well in 2015.
    Alicia x
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the first basics palette, I think I'll love just as much as basics 2! x

      Delete
  13. I have the mascara and absolutely love it but I've lost it and can't find it anywhere and it's killing me! I know it's only cheap so buying it again won't really destroy my money allowance but I feel like as soon as I buy it I'll find it!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig