Sunday, 15 November 2015

One Heck Of A Blot Primer



Finding a good quality high street primer is near to impossible. When it comes to primers, high end brands just do it so much better. I can give a long list of hyped about primers that are high end but when it comes to high street primers, my mind goes blank.

Recently Soap & Glory added two new products to their ‘One Heck Of A Blot’ range, a foundation and a primer. I already adore the ‘One Heck Of A Blot powder so I thought I’d give the One Heck Of A Blot Primer a try as I’m always looking for good’n.

The primer claims to control shine for 12 hours, shrink your pores and give your skin a mattifying finish, even out skin tone, reduce redness and make your make up last longer. A lot of claims I know. Naturally as normal/dry skin gal, I wasn’t sure if it would be suitable for me.

With all this in my mind, I was pretty sceptical but when I applied it to my face I was pleasantly surprised. It didn’t have that silicone/greasy feel instead it felt smooth and silky. When I touched my face after applying, my skin still felt like skin which I loved and my skin didn’t look dry or too matte. I found my foundation blended amazingly on top and I did notice that the pores on my nose didn’t look as noticeable.

One of its main ingredients is glycerin which is known to make any product you put on top of it stick and I’ve definitely noticed my foundation lasting longer than usual. As for reducing redness and evening out skin tone, I’ve personally not seen any difference but I don’t really expect that from any of my primers unless it’s tinted.

Overall I think this is a fantastic primer and doesn’t compare to any of the other primers I’ve tried from the high street. It’s great for all skin types – even sensitive skin as it is fragrance free. Soap and Glory, you’ve done it again.

What's your favourite primer?

 LUCY 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I so need to try this. I have dry sensitive skin myself, so if it works for you with your dry skin, hopefully it will for me too :)

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need this in my life, I'm always up for testing primers - sounds amazing!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it ago when you have the chance, I love it!

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about this primer, I really need to try it! I'm yet to find a good cheapish primer, so maybe this is the one...

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing so I'll definitely have to try it out!
    Maddy, xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was Benefit at first, their packaging is so similar! I like the S&G One Heck Of A Blot powder so I'm sure their primer is fab too. My go to primer is the Laura Mercier Oil Free one - great for keeping your makeup on for longer :)

    Hanh / hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they both have really quirky packaging! I have yet to try the Laura Mercier primer, I've heard amazing things about it!

      Delete
  6. Recently, my skin has gone from being quite dry to being super oily, so I will definitely need to check this product out! Thanks for the tip!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I hope it works out for you! :)

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig