Thursday, 26 November 2015

My Evening Skincare Routine



If there is one love more than makeup it's skincare. Nothing beats the feeling pampering your skin after a long day or finding a product that does wonders for your skin. My skin has been behaving considering the change in weather and I think it's down to my current routine.



Obviously, the first thing I do is cleanse my skin to remove all my makeup. To do this I've been using the The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. It is very comparable to the Clinque Take The Day Off Balm which I adore but at nearly half the price. I apply a good amount into my hands and massage it around my face - including my eyes as it is perfect at removing waterproof eye make up -, then I rinse with a warm, damp muslin cloth and then pat my face dry with a towel. It melts away my make up and leaves my skin feel clean but still soft.

After cleansing I use a toner and my current favourite is La Roche Posay Serozinc Toner. Although I have normal/dry skin and this is targeted for oily/blemish prone skin, I've had no issues with it drying out my skin. I've noticed a huge difference in my skin after using this for just over a month, all the redness from old spot scars are gone and it really does help prevent future spots from popping up!

For moisturiser I use my the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I adore this moisturiser and it's one I constantly go back too. It has a thick consistency but it sinks in quickly and doesn't feel heavy once massaged in. It's really hydrating and deals with any dry patches I have on my skin. It could possible be HG status!

If I can remember, I like to use the Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack eye cream. It's a gel-cream hybrid that hydrating but not heavy feeling. I suffer with milia around my eyes so I have to be careful what I put around my eyes, but it hasn't given me any so as far as I'm concerned it's okay! If you have any recommendations for good eye creams let me know!

One thing I never forget to do is apply lip balm. My choice is obviously the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (I will stop going about this at some point, I promise!). I've raved about this far too much but basically, it's the best lip balm I've used.

Every other day I like to use my Pixi Glow Tonic to exfoliate my skin. I've used a few chemical exfoliants but personally I get the best results using this one. I just apply a small amount on a cotton pad, sweep it all across my face, let it do it's thing for a few seconds and then apply my moisturiser after. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave it feeling too striped and sore, it just leaves my skin looking fresh, glowy and smooth.

When my skin is suffer from the cold weather I like to a hydrating serum and the one I'm currently loving is the The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. It's a lightweight, non-greasy oil that gives your skin that boost of hydration. I apply about 2-3 drops and massage into my skin after toning or exfoliating. Then when I wake up the next my skin is soft and plump. I'd highly recommend this if you want a basic but good serum!

My routine takes about 5 mins even though this post may suggest otherwise! I hope you are all well and if you have any eye cream recommendations, comment below!

 LUCY 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Loved this post - I love seeing what other people use in their makeup routine! I really want to try the La Roche Posay Serozinc because I have pretty oily and blemish prone skin!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! You should try it out, it has helped amazingly with my under the skin blemishes!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to buy the La Roche Posay Serozinc Toner for ages now - it sounds amazing! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it out when you get the chance, it is great stuff! x

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this post. I would recommend the eye cream of Nourish Organic company!

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check that one out, thank you for recommendation! :)

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig