Sunday, 11 October 2015

Top 3 Mascaras




If you asked what my favourite make up product is, I'd most likely say mascara - concealer would a very close second. Mascara can make a whole look and just make you look more put together and awake. As I've said before, I've been blessed with naturally long lashes so most mascaras work for me but, I've found a few mascaras stand out from the rest and make my lashes look fluttery and defined.



Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I briefly spoke about the Lash Sensational mascara in my September favourites so I won't go into too much detail on this one. Out of all my mascara picks, this one is definitely my most used and probably my favourite one out of the bunch. I think it's the brush that really makes this mascara better than rest. It has a curved, plastic comb brush which is perfect for grabbing every lash, separating them and lifting them up. This mascara lasts on me all day and holds a curl amazingly. Overall it leaves my lashes looking very natural and fluttery.

I adore Maybelline  mascaras (as you can see) so I couldn't just include one. I picked up the The Rocket after all the hype that buzzed around the blogging world a year or two ago. I wasn't disappointed! While it's not one I reach for everyday, I still love what this does for my lashes. I prefer the waterproof version compared to the non-waterproof version as I think it holds a curl better. The brush is a chubby plastic comb brush which is great for adding volume without clumping them all together. It also gives a good length. Side note: you will definitely need an eye make up remover to get this stuff off.  



Clinique High Impact Mascara (Waterproof)
I think I've spoken about this this mascara way back in 2013 and back then it was the best mascara I'd ever tried. I'm still loving just as much. Compared to the Maybelline mascaras this one has a bit more of a classic shaped bristle brush. This is my favourite all round mascara for length, volume and a natural look. It's really 'soft' on the lashes, what I mean by that is that doesn't make them all brittle and hard. It's very easy to remove and does require you to pull it off your lashes. You can build this mascara up but I find that it goes a little clumpy. The only other issue I have with this is that it dries out so quickly! Other than that I love the effect it gives my lashes and definitely worth a try if you are in the market for a high-end mascara.

They are my current favourite mascaras! What are you favourite mascaras? I'd love some recommendations.
LUCY 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love the Lash Sensational mascara, it's one of my all time favourites! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Best mascara I've tried in a long time! x

      Delete
  2. Loving hearing about what products people love - I'm on the hunt for a new mascara! But my favourite one at the moment has to be Benefit Roller Lash, but I've heard its really similar to the lash sensational!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard really good things about the Benefit Roller Lash but I've never got round to trying it! Definitely try the Lash Sensational to see if it is a dupe!

      Delete
  3. I love the maybelline lash sensational too, I picked it up after seeing it all over my bloglovin feed a couple of months ago and it is soooo good!

    yet another makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I actually haven't tried too many mascaras in my years of wearing makeup because I've never really gotten into it until this year, oddly. Nowadays, I'm like, "APPLY ALLLLLLLLL THE COATS!!!" and I've mainly been using Maybelline's The Rocket! It's definitely my favourite as I really like the plastic bristles and it really adds length and volume without clumping, which is why I love it so much! It's been a while since I tried 'High Impact' but I remember really liking it because it came off in the shower, hah (laziness at it's finest). Want to try the Lash Sensational mascara now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like mascaras are such so boring when it comes to make up, usually I just pick up anything. Hahaha, I love The Rocket but it's really hard to get off so I tend not to wear it too much. Oh my god, I've definitely done that in the shower. I'm so lazy that it's not even funny haha! Go for it, I love it!

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig