Thursday, 29 October 2015

A/W Hydration Essentials

It’s the time for year where your skin and hair needs a little loving. A/W makes my skin feel dried out and sore and leaves my hair lack lustre and brittle. As a dry skin gal myself, I’ve got my fair share of hydrating products so I thought I’d share some of my favourites for keeping dry skin at bay this A/W.


If it wasn’t said already, cleansing is so important and in A/W time I like using something that will remove my makeup but won’t strip my skin. I’ve been loving the The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. I did a review on it a few posts back if want to know more. But to sum it up, it removes make up like a dream and leaves the skin feeling clean without drying it out.

Serums are a great way to injection some much needed moisture into the skin and I’ve been using The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. It’s a nice lightweight oil that sinks in moderately quickly. I apply about 3 drops before bed and in the morning my skin feels soft and plump.

It’s not secret on this blog that my chapped lips are my nemesis. My HG to prevent and heal chapped lips is the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. It’s a thick balm that smells delightful and hydrates the lips like no other. It starts heals my lips in a matter of minutes and feels so lovely on the lips.

When my skin is seriously suffering I love using Una Brennan Rose Hydrate face mask. It really soothes any redness on my skin and puts those pesky dry patches in place. After using my skin looks and feels smooth, refreshed and plump. I would highly recommend this if you have dry/sensitive skin.
Dry hands are pretty common in A/W and the only way to combat it is a hand cream. I’m currently using The Body Shop Wild Rose hand cream. It’s lightweight, non greasy and smells lovely. It’s perfect for on the go to hydrate your hands when they are feeling a little dry.

Body butters are the way forward as they are thick, creamy and hydrating. The Body Shop Body Butters are some of the best I’ve tried and I’ll always go back to them for their amazing hydrating powers. I’m currently using the Aloe Vera one, it is really soothing.
With all the wind, hats and heat styling the friction can really damage your hair. Using a hair oil is great for repairing and hydrating your locks. I love the Moroccan Oil Treatment because I love how it smooths out my hair, leaves it look healthy, shiny and feeling soft. I just use a small amount and run it thought the mid-lengths and ends before heat styling and when it’s feel a little brittle.

Ramble over! What products do you love in A/W?

LUCY 
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Morrocan Oil is a saviour for my hair, makes the condition of it so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and lovely photography - I really want to try Nuxe Rev De Miel it sounds amazing!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! It's a little pricey but 100% worth it in my opinion!

      Delete
  3. Moroccan Oil Treatment is literally a life saver

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, especially for this time of year!

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of The Body Shop Chamomile cleanser too, I do want to try the balm version too :) I also suffer from super dry hands, so I need to invest in a hand scrub!

    Hanh / hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, I'd love to know if it would a dupe for the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm! Hand scrubs are great, I think Lush do a pretty good one!

      Delete
  5. Body shop serum oil and camomile cleansing oil are really good! They just leave my skin so soft!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil, great blog x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should when you get the chance! Thank you so much! x

      Delete
  7. Those skincare products look excellent. I too tend to suffer with dry skin during the Autumn/Winter months - especially in Winter - and I'm fresh out of moisturisers. Though I haven't been to one of their stores in a while, I love The Body Shop and will try to make it a point to pick some of these products up.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the First Aid Beauty moisturisers they are amazing! I love The Body Shop, I'm always impressed with everything I try :)

      Delete
  8. I have the same rose hand cream :P I really want to try that Vitamin E Serum!

    Samantha Series | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I love that hand cream - although my has a hole in the side of it now which is annoying! I highly recommend the serum next time you are there!

      Delete
  9. I've wanted to try the Moroccan Oil but I've been hesitant to go out and buy the whole bottle. I didn't realize they came in small 25ml sizes, which sounds like the perfect size to try it out with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant too, I was so happy when I found out they did a smaller size!

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig