Sunday, 20 September 2015

Eyeliner Clean-up


I love wearing eyeliner but the thing that stops me from wearing it on a daily basis is that when it comes to the flick, I suck. I only put eyeliner on when I have the time or I feel mentally prepared to take my whole eye make-up off and start again. Yes, I’m really that bad at eyelinerAlthough I’m still no pro, I do have a little tip/trick that I thought may help fellow eyeliner noobs.

My saviour are these Cosmetics Tip Buds – mine are from Boots. What makes these perfect for cleaning up little eyeliner mistakes is the pointed tip. I just use my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and put a small amount on the pointed side. Then just clean up my flick to make it a clean and sharp instead of looking like a messy blob at the end of my eye.

These cosmetics buds can be used for more than eyeliner as well! I like to use these to smudge in/clean up lipstick, clean up nail polish around the cuticle and clean up mascara blobs! They are a little gem!


Hope you enjoy this little Sunday post! What are your eyeliner tips/tricks? How do you get the perfect flick? Let me know!
LUCY
bloglovin' // twitter // instagram // facebook
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Cotton buds are saviours. Sometimes I get the perfect flick in one try and sometimes I have to try for minutes then I end up giving up, it is really hard!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! Usually for me, I get one eye perfect but the second eyes is just a mess and I give up too!

      Delete
  2. I cannot recommend the DHC Oil Cotton Buds, as they contain a tiny amount of olive oil so you only need to touch makeup gently and it removes mistakes instantly xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Great recommendation Gemma, I'll definitely have to check those out! Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I wish I could say I've master the cat flick but I'm still trying! I always have a q tip on hand though to clean up any mistakes :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so terrible at eyeliner, I wish I could help you out! I did see a tip online where they said it helps to draw in strokes, and then fill things up later on.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, great tip! I'll have to try that out, thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. YES, COTTON BUDS ARE THE GREATEST MAKEUP....TOOL...INVENTION THINGY EVER! I got into wearing winged eyeliner this summer and though I've gotten better at it, I still keep cotton buds at the vanity for corrections (aka when the other wing isn't the same angle...[always a struggle, man...always a struggle]). I probably spend at least 10 minutes on each eye drawing in and filling the line (I 'fill' and tightline with pencil), and in that time, I try not to breathe because TOO STRESSFUL!

    I just recently discovered that cotton buds are also great for cleaning up lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's such a struggle, I don't understand why I can't get the same angle on both eyes even though I do the exact same thing on both! It's witchcraft. 100% worth it though when it looks perfect - or somewhat similar.

      Yes they are perfect for lipstick too!

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig