Thursday, 17 September 2015

Autumn Lips: Maybelline Colour Drama Edition


Summer has officially pasted in the UK. I’ve cracked out the jumpers and boots because it’s always so cloudy and cold! So naturally that means the autumn lippies can come out too right? It’s my favourite time of the year and while I looked at my lipstick collection I seriously lacked some autumn/winter shades. That’s where Maybelline come in.
                           
No doubt you’ve heard of these before as they were posted everywhere but these beauties are the Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils. I have three of these matte lip crayons that I’m loving and think would be a great budget option for Autumn lipsticks.

The formula of these lip pencils are simply amazing for only £4.99! They are creamy, smooth, long lasting and super pigmented! Despite the matte formula they aren't uncomfortable or drying and best of all they don't drag/smudge on the lips.

I have three shades that I think will look gorgeous for autumn. Starting with the lightest and easiest to wear shade which is 210 Keep It Classy - a beautiful pink plummy colour which is an easy option if you aren’t a fan of dark lips. The colour reminds me a lot of Mac Plumful.

The next shade is my favourite, 310 Berry Much. It’s a true dark purple berry shade (as the name would suggest) and it makes a great statement lip for autumn. I would highly recommend this one if you want to try a dark lippie this season. I like blending this one into my lips with my finger to give a softer look.

Lastly I have 510 Red Essential which is the first one I got when they first came out. It’s a medium cool toned red (hello whiter teeth). I’ve heard this shade is meant to be an amazing dupe for Nars Cruella! I think it’s a nice alternative if you aren’t into the purple/plum shades but still want to rock an autumn lipstick.

Hopefully this has given you some inspiration and maybe find a little gem like I have! What lipsticks do you like and what shades do you love for Autumn/Winter? Let me know!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've got out my Autumn lipsticks too! I love the shade Berry Much, it's looks like a shade I would wear all the time!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful, you should definitely try it!

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig