Tuesday, 1 October 2013

September Favourites

Okay, here is the generic "where did September go?!" that I tend to do every monthly favourites but I mean it this time, It's honestly flown by! I can't even remember what I did this month apart from go to  college so picking this months favourites was difficult!






















1. Batiste Hint Of Colour Dry Shampoo (£3.99)

I love Batiste dry shampoo, it's so handy when you needs a bit of texture, volume and 'freshness' to your hair. So I've been using the Hint of Colour dry shampoo by Batiste to do exactly that!  It doesn't leave that horrible white powder on hair like the original ones do. It's handy for college/work/lazy days because I can just spray it, rub it in and be done with it! It also smells good too, bonus!

2. Botanics All Bright Gentle Cleansing Cream (£3.99)

My skin wasn't very happy in September (I'm thinking due to weather change) and I had dry patches and spots popping up around my t-zone for about 2 weeks! I rediscovered this cleanser in my collection and it was great to use my skin! breaks down my make up amazingly (even waterproof eyeliner and mascara) and leaves my skin feeling soft and not dried out and raw. Also has natural AHA's in it, so it mildly exfoliates the skin too. Not saying it cleared up my spots and dryness but it helped and I've noticed a massive improvement to skin since using this!

3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz (£42.00)
Again, this was something that was lost in my collection but rediscovered! I'm obsessed with this highlighter, it add a gorgeous glow to my cheeks and gives an ever so subtle pink sheen too. What I love is that it doesn't make me look like a disco ball compared to some highlighters I have! I really like this paired with the Rimmel blush in Santa Rose too, my favourite cheek combo!

4. Clinique High Impact Mascara (£16.50)
High-end mascaras don't really appeal to me as high-street ones fit the bill fine for me but this is incredible! I don't know what sets it apart from other mascaras but it really does lengthen, add volume, defines and separates amazingly! It just makes my lashes look 100x times better compared to any other mascara I've used, high-street or high-end!  If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend that you do!

5. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in #08 (£5.49)
I've been loving this lipstick throughout September and I'm sure I'll love it throughout October too! I did a review of it here, if you are interested! It's a beautiful rosey, my lips but better (ugh) shade that is really easy to wear. The formula is really creamy, pigmented, non drying and a great autumnal shade!


That's everything I've been enjoying beauty wise last month, what are your favourites? Let me know!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I might have to buy that dry shampoo with colour, I hate having to try and get all the powder out of your hair when you have like 5 minutes before you have to set off for school in the mornings ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! You need to leave in a few minutes but you have that powder in your hair and then you rush haha :') x

      Delete
  2. I just used up my dry shampoo and need to get another one-- do you feel like you go through it so quickly?! I usually use the original but I have dark hair so might give the brunette version a go this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You defiantly should try it out! I do go through it quickly, I think it's full, then I use it and there isn't anything there haha! I'm quite liberal with it though!

      Delete
  3. I never thought to try those coloured Batistes as I like the original so much, but now I will definitely check it out!! xx

    Fernanda @ Ferdie's Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still works the same it's just colour, so you check it out! Hopefully you'll like it! xx

      Delete
  4. I wish I had access to that coloured Batiste shampoo! I use my regular version and I end up looking like a skunk/Sweeney Todd on most days :(

    HELLS YEAH TO CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT :D
    Love that stuff, but the cost makes me sad, haha

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes you can find them at winners or marshalls. last time i was at marshalls they had all the varieties being sold, some i never even heard of. its pretty hit or miss though but might be worth popping into marshalls now and then.

      Delete
    2. Yay for Jenn!
      I love the Clinique high impact mascara (obviously) but you are right, it's a lot of money for some mascara!

      Delete
    3. Jenn - Yeah I've popped into several Winners/Marshalls but all they have are mini sizes! Never the brown ones!

      Delete
  5. i usually keep around one bottle of dry shampoo for those rare late nights when i'm coming home or if my shower schedule gets weird (that takes more explaining than i care to write out..just go with it lol) i do enjoy the kate moss lipstick that i have (no 14) and would love to try more but just. have. to. stop. buying. lippies lol

    nothing i'm super using all the time right now but i'm putting up my autumn picks and predictions on thursday.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, don't worry I know what you mean with the weird shower schedule! I hardly ever buy lipsticks, I'm not brave enough haha!

      Awesome, I can't wait to read it! :)

      Delete
  6. i don't think many people think too highly of botanics but I love some of their products!

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.co.uk | UK beauty blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! Some of their products are great! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I will try that mascara for shure! I've heard so many great things about it and Clinique mascaras aren't that expensive compared to a few drugstore brands here.
    Do you know if there's a waterproof version? xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is a waterproof version here! :) xx

      Delete
  8. hi lucy! :) do you have a swatch review for the bobbi brown highlighter? :) i feel like im going to like it haha. the colors on the first pic seems nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) I can defiantly do that, I'll post it on Thursday! :)

      Delete
  9. I have that bootanics cream and it's AMAZING! to anyone that's reading- there's a great deal going on at bootanics in boots at the moment, you can get this cream for like £2 :)

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! I'm think I'm going to stock up haha! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig