Tuesday, 8 October 2013

The Lip Saviour
























 I spoke about the Burt Bees Lip Balm (mine is in honey) in my August Favourites, since then my lips have been through hell and back and I think it's only fair that I give it more recognition than I already have! During September my lips had a bad reaction to something (not sure what) but it completely dried out my lips and add on top the changing seasons, my lips were dry, red and very sore. It was impossible to wear any type of lipstick, it was really painful!

If it wasn't obvious already, this stuff saved my lips! It rescued my red, dry and sore lips in a matter of days (using it at every opportunity I got!). It feels really light on the lips which is nice because it doesn't make them feel greasy or heavy but it still kept them moisturised, plump and soothed. It sinks into the lips quickly so it's great for during the day or before applying your lipstick. It also smells fantastic and not too overpowering which some scented balms can be.

The only problem I have with this product is that the balm is really hard making it hard to apply across the lips, sometimes it feels like I haven't put any on. But I usually kept my in my college bag so it softens up a bit.

I'm not sure what sets it aside from other lip balms, but it was brilliant at helping my lips recover from that horrible reaction. It's pretty inexpensive at £3.69, it's easy to throw into my bag and just apply throughout the day! I'd really recommend this for anyone who suffers from dry lips.


What's your favourite lip balm? What other burts bees product do you like? Let me know!


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I've just discovered Burt's Bees and I'm in love! I have the pomegranate and also the mango which is much softer so maybe it's specific flavours which have the hardness. You can read here if you are interested :) blending-beauty.blogspot.com

    Amy xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah perhaps! I'll check it out now! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. My favourite lip balm is the Nivea Lip Butter, it's only £2 and it's so good! I did try this one but I just didn't like it :( xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Nivea Lip Butter too! I didn't like Burts Bees at first, but I've grown to love it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I got this lip balm for Christmas a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! I also really like their lip shimmers, definitely recommend checking that out if you like the lip balms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you for the recommendation Chelsea! :)

      Delete
  4. i tried the burts bees once and i had an allergic reaction :( not even sure what was in it that did it but no i'm sort of scared of them
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, that sucks! I can understand why you'd be afraid of trying them again! What lip balm do you use now? :)

      Delete
  5. I saw the Burt's Bees lip balm tin at Feel Unique and I felt really tempted to get it.
    Their lip balms seem great :) xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defiantly give it a try! :)xx

      Delete
  6. Yeah, I have a Burt's Bees lipbalm and they can be pretty difficult/hard going on the lips (oh god this is the opening of a very dirty joke I can feel it ;-;).
    I usually apply my lipbalm when I go to bed so it can be on there for a few solid hours! I'll usually switch it up and use Baby Lips/Nivea/Blistex, but I'm glad you've found a HG product for your lips!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I only use this one during the day really, I like to use my Nivea Lip Butter at night :)

      Delete
  7. I'm addicted to lip balms! I always have to put one on my lips because I hate it when my lips just slightly feel dry and I have very dry lips during fall and winter. I currently use a Burt's Bees lipbalm and I love it. I would even consider this being the best lipbalm I have ever tried.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it drives me crazy if I don't have one!

      Delete
  8. I am a fan of burts bees! Great quality n' inexpensive! However, I totally agree about them being hard to apply sometimes!

    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles
    Pinterest: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it!

      Delete
  9. Sounds lovely. I adore Burts Bees products, however I have too found them to be a little hard. I usually warm them up in my hands before application.
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC (34), would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig