Tuesday, 17 September 2013

The Everyday Lipstick




Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - #08
























When it comes to lipsticks, I'm defiantly not one to wear a bright colours or a red lip all the time purely because I can't be bothered to fuss over applying and making it look perfect. I've recently found myself gravitating towards this for just a clean, everyday look.

This is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 08 (wish they had names!) and it is my perfect "my lips but better" (hate that phase) shade. It is sort of rosey pink shade which just evens out my lips and leaves a gorgeous demi-matte finish to the lips. Perfect for carrying around for college, work or just popping to the shops!

What I love most about this lipstick is the formula, it is a super creamy and pigmented. One swipe of this and my lips are done! It is so easy for me to apply this on the go, whether it be in the car or before lesson (no mirror needed, yay!). Sometimes I use a Real Techniques Accent brush and pat it on my lips, for a sheer wash of colour.

It doesn't settle in the lines of my lips and glides over any little dry patches like a dream! It doesn't dry out my lips either, which is great because most lipsticks dry out my lips very quickly.

Only problem I have with this is that it doesn't last for very long which sucks but I'm not complaining as I normally have to reapply my lipstick throughout the day anyway!

What's your go to lipstick? Let me know!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. That shade looks so beautiful and polished :)
    I really should try the kate moss lippies! xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my go to lipstick as well! I absolutely love it!

    chloebeautyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo love this shade! I urgently need to pick up a shade from the Kate range :-)

    www.youngandfoolishhappiness.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, they've got a great colour range! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this colour ! At first I thought it was purple by the looks of it in the tube but its gorgeous !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it does look more purple in the tube in that picture (bad lighting I think eek!)

      Delete
  5. My go to lipstick is probably MAC Fanfare or Syrup. This lipstick looks gorgeous though! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanfare and Syrup are gorgeous colours! Need to get my hands on them asap!

      Delete
  6. That lipstick looks so pigmented, I need to try out the Kate Moss lipsticks soon :) Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, I hope you will do the Tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a nice autumnal color and not one i would have picked up to swatch. now i'll be on the lookout for the next it goes on sale. i have no. 14 which i love
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #14 looks gorgeous! You should defiantly pick this one up when you can!

      Delete
  8. this is such a nice autumnal color and not one i would have picked up to swatch. now i'll be on the lookout for the next it goes on sale. i have no. 14 which i love
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lipstick colour is gorgeous! I actually thought it was a fall/vampy shade until you said it was a MLBB, haha. The colour in the tube is def. different from the swatch!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think is due to the dodgy lighting haha! It looks pretty much the same in the bullet to the swatch in real life. :)

      Delete
  10. This looks like such a gorgeous shade, may pick this up! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely colour! Xxx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig