Sunday, 8 September 2013

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Classic

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer (Classic) - £12.99






















Ages ago, I was on the hunt for a good foundation primer and after doing some research it seems clear that this was a pretty great high street primer. I used it a few times and then it went into the back of my make up collection. But recently, I rediscovered it and have been using it pretty frequency! Unfortunately you can't purchase this online but it is still available in Superdrug for around £8 to £13! Although, there is also a cream version if this which is avaliable online. (weird!)

This primer really does live up to its 'velvet touch claim', it leaves my skin feeling amazingly silky soft and supple making any base products glide on like a dream!

It claims to fill in fine lines and deep pores leaving the skin feeling soft, uniform and matte. I wouldn't agree with all those claims as it doesn't fill in those fine lines as well I thought it would and it gives more of a semi matte finish than fully matte but, it does reduce the size of my pores greatly and does keep my skin feeling soft. It has no claim that it keeps your foundation on longer but I do notice my foundation looks 'fresher' for longer compared to when I don't use it (not by much though!)

The primer has a gel consistency which is nice as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin; it feels very lightweight. The gel is clear so you aren't left with any residue after applying. To apply I use either my fingers to or just use my RT stippling brush!

It has a handy pump which I like, but there is no way you need a whole pump of this stuff! About half a pump covers my face with ease anymore than one pump and it would feel a bit too greasy on the skin.

I think this would be great for all skin types especially normal to dry. Overall I think it a pretty good primer if you suffer with big pores and find it hard to blend out certain foundations! Not sure if I will repurchase though!

What are your favourite primers? Have you tried this primer? Let me know!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Hiya I love your blog so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. For more info please go to the latest post on my blog!

    LittleMissFashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems lovely. I think I might try the gosh primer that comes in a jar, it's called velvet touch line perfector :) xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, never heard of that before! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love my holy grail MUFE HD primer. This primer sounds great!
    Lovely blog, new follower xx.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try that primer, heard so many great things about it! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of this primer, I have dry skin so I think this could be perfect for me :D although it's quite pricey isn't it?! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great for your skin! Yeah it is a bit pricey, I agree! xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great product!

    I just discovered you blog and followed you via GFC and bloglovin. Please check out my blog and follow me back via GFC and bloglovin if you like! :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never use a face primer because my foundation always lasts but something about this product makes me want to buy it. I've followed your blog, I really like it.

    http://missbethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are so lucky! You should give it ago though, if you want to start using primers! Aww, thank you for following! x

      Delete
  7. Nice blog :)

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never really know with primers if they're just hyped up or if they acutally do something. looks like this one falls in the latter camp which is great but im still not sure i need it in my routine. i would like something that filled in pores and helped control oil though the ones i've tried that have made such claims have fallen short. the hunt continues!
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig