Sunday, 1 September 2013

August Favourites

I honestly can't believe how quickly August has flown by! Where did the summer go? But I'm looking forward to Autumn, who doesn't love hot chocolate, jumpers and crunchy leaves haha?! Anyway, these are the products I've been loving over August:





















Bit of weird one to have in your favourites, but I thought I'd start with the weirdest one first! Over August I had some seriously dry and irritated eye lids and this just cleared it complete in just a few days! It's not greasy or heavy and sinks into the skin quickly so you can put it on before your make up and not have to wait etc. It says it can relieve the skin of eczema, chapped skin, sunburn and nappy soreness so it's pretty handy if you ask me!

This is always a favourite for me but in August my skin had some dry patches but this just buffed all that nasty dead skin off and felt my skin feel so smooth and it just kept my dry skin at bay! It smells amazing and the texture of the product is amazing too, it's just like rubbing "creamy sand" (what) on your face. It's even good for those with sensitive skin and it doesn't leave you face looking red and feeling raw! 

Again with the dry skin, my lips have been suffering with the dryness too! This has come in handy to just swipe over the lips when I'm out and about or just generally during the day as it's not too thick but it still gets the job done. It sinks in quickly and leaves my lips feeling moisturised and plump!

I picked this up in boots sort of out of impulse but I don't regret it! It's a gorgeous purpley red shade and is amazingly pigmented (swatches here). It doesn't dry out my lips and glides on really smoothly! I think it will be a nice colour for Autumn too.

I've been loving full lashes and this mascara is amazing at giving volume, separating my lashes and giving a natural look without making them feel brittle and look clumpy! Full review here!  

I've been pretty lazy when it comes to eye shadow so, this has just been really easy to apply and blend out to create a nice bronze-y taupe colour over the lid. It hasn't dried out my eyes and it stays put all day! Full review here!

That's all the beauty products I've loved over August, what have you been loving? Let me know!

P.s I'm thinking of changing my blog URL as I'm not really a lifestyle blog, any suggestions? Do you think I should change it? 

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Beautiful products!
    I think you should change it if you think it would be more appropriate. Better now than later :) xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I agree, it just what do I change it to haha?! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Nice choices I really like the raspberry pie lip butter too :)
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pick up a burts bees balm! They are so good to have on hand! And I think that lip butter is going in my monthly favorites as well! Such a good color!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Oh awesome, great for summer and autumn I think!

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the rimmel eyeshadow paints, they look so easy to use an very pigmented ! And raspberry pie lip butter is one of my faves, great picks !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should defiantly try the eyeshadow paint, I love them!

      Delete
  5. Shame there isn't a Boots in Canada! My brother suffers from eczema and chapped skin and his eyelids are all weird and flaky right now, so that Emollient Cream might've come in handy! :(
    (Meh, so the hunt continues)

    I want to try the Raspberry Pie lip butter now, since we're heading into autumn!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I like your old url better, idk!

      Delete
    2. Aww that's such a shame, I hope he can get it sorted! I'm not sure if you have E45 in Canada, but that is pretty much the same thing!

      I think I like my old url better too, but I'm not a lifestyle blog haha! I'm so conflicted! ><

      Delete
    3. Gonna look up if we have E45 in Canada now!

      PSH, I'm not a grocer/cooking blog, but I like my blog url! I dunno, it's ultimately up to you, haha!

      Delete
  6. I too occasionally suffer with dry eyelids and it makes some liquid eyeliner sting my eyes, so I would normally put some E45 on them, but now I will try that Boots Emollient cream. Thanks for mentioning it!
    Yess Burts Bees lipbalms are a total life saver for dry lips!
    I like your new URL and as long as your happy with it, that's all that matters
    :)

    www.pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that too, so annoying! Aww, thank you, I'm happy with it! :)

      Delete
  7. I love my Revlon Lipbutters! And I really wanna try those Scandaleyes eyeshadows. xx

    http://www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty amazing! You should when you get the chance! xx

      Delete
  8. Ah that St Ives scrub is my FAVOURITE! It's so amazing at buffing away any dry skin xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's been saving my skin haha! xx

      Delete
  9. hmmm that boots emolient cream is looking good! :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Burt Bees lip balm. My absolute favourite! emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some wonderful products you have here! I need to try the St Ives products, it's a must. You have some lovely reads, followed!! :)

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that's very sweet of you! :) x

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig