Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint



One swipe!

I brought this product in one of my hauls a while a go and I've fallen in love with it! If you like bronzy shades (a bit like on-and-on bronze colour tattoo by Maybelline) than you will love this. It's got a shot of sliver shimmer through it which looks really nice on the lids, it's not too shimmery and it's not chucky at all. You can still see a faint shimmer on the lids though which looks beautiful.

I almost didn't buy this because I was worried that it would dry out my lids as I have sensitive lids but it doesn't dry them out at all. It is pretty creamy so it just applies to the lid effortlessly. I find it really easy to apply this all over lid in just a couple of swipes as it is incredibly pigmented. It is really easy to build up colour too, you can add a little bit and get a nice bronzy wash of colour or layer it on and get an intense bronze look. As it is a eye 'paint' it great to use as a base for other eyeshadows.

It has a spongey spatula like applicator that really picks up the product so you can do both eyes without having to 'reload'. I find it's not very good at getting product all over the lid as the applicator is quite thin but it still gets the job done.

It feels quite creamy when applied but it dries really quickly so you have to blend it out as soon as you apply, I use either the Base Shadow Brush or Deluxe Crease Brush by Real Techniques. It blends out really nicely too.

It claims to be waterproof, crease proof and to last all day. I haven't wore this while going swimming or anything so I'm yet to test if it is waterproof, but it is crease proof and it does last all day even on really hot, humid days.

I honestly love this and for only £3.99, you can't go wrong! There are few other shades I'd really like to get too! 

Have you tried these eye paints? What's your favourite cream shadow?

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I really want that shadow paint! And the gold one too. They seem wonderful!
    By the way if you have the maybelline color tattoo in bad to the bronze can you please tell me if this shadow paint is similar in colour? xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get the gold one as well!

      They are similar because of they are bronzey and they have the shimmer shot through them, but Rich Russet is darker and has slight red-ish undertone and on-and-on bronze/bad to the bronze is just lighter and has a gold/yellow undertone. It's really difficult to say how they are different, but they are ever so slightly haha! xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for telling me the difference. Well, I guess I want both products then :) xx

      Delete
  2. wow love hearing how creamy & non-drying the product is! Definitely will have to look out for these in stores as I love cream products!

    also, I did my liebster award you tagged me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good drugstore product! Aw yay, I'll check it out now! :) x

      Delete
  3. Im happy to have discovered your blog :D
    very lovely post, I feel like trying this product as well

    Im going to subscribe, maybe you feel like returning the favor ^^
    iscoopbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet of you to say! I've followed you back!

      Delete
  4. This looks really fantastic. Rimmel can really hit the mark so well. I haven't seen this in my Canadian stores yet, but I will be waiting patiently now! I love a good crease-proof product.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, rimmel have really been releasing some amazing products over the past year! That's a shame, keep your eyes peeled! xx

      Delete
  5. what a beautiful colour, really does look fantastic!
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That's insanely pigmented. It looks great. x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh isn't it pretty? I neeeeeed this in my life xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing product!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. the color is quite lovely. everyone needs a good shimmery taupe i think. its such a versatile color
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Goes with pretty much anything!

      Delete
  10. This looks so pretty its so pigmented! love the price too might pick this up, great review xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound so fantastic, I will definitely have to get my hands on some ! Great review

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig