Sunday, 18 August 2013

Favourite Body Moisturisers






















There is nothing I like more than a good body moisturiser since my skin gets pretty dry throughout the whole year but more so in the colder months (which is coming around pretty quickly!). So I thought I'd make a post of all my favourite body moisturisers that keep my skin feeling soft and just hydrated!

Soap & Glory Girligo Spray-On Body Moisturising Mist - £6.50
I love using this moisturiser when I'm too lazy to moisturise (bad of me, I know), I just spritz this all over my body and rub it in and I'm done.

It has the standard Soap & Glory scent, which I personally love and you can smell faintly on your skin all day which is nice if you are in a rush so you don't have to put on any perfume if you don't have time. It feels really light on the skin and sinks in super quickly, leaving my skin feeling hydrated and supple. The consistency is quite runny and thin.

If you're traveling or if you go swimming often then I think this is a great product to carry around in you bag (I believe you can get small, travel size ones of this!). I quite like the packaging too!





















Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter - £10.50
I was actually given this product from a friend for my birthday and honestly I'm glad she did! It has a really creamy texture and just applies to the body really nicely. It smells exactly like Girligo (the traditional S&G scent) and its consistency is fairly thick. It takes a bit longer to sink into the skin(compared to Girligo), but it still sinks in fairly fast (compared to most body butters).

It leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft and smooth, I've also noticed that it's improved the texture of my skin which is amazing! I love the packaging and it's lasted me ages, I've still got half left and I got this in February! A little bit goes a long way with this product!

I really love to use this on my elbows, feet and and knees especially, if they look a bit dry and it helps plump up my skin and prevent any more dryness. It makes your legs feel super amazing after you've shaved too for extra smooth and shiny legs!























The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry - £13.00
This is the moisturiser I like to use to treat myself or on the weekend just to really hydrate my skin. Firstly, it smells incredible, if you like the smell of strawberries or just any sweet scent you are going to love this! I think it smells even nicer when applied to the body and it lasts on the skin for a good while.

It melts into the skin beautifully and doesn't leave a white cast on the skin which is nice considering this is a pretty thick body butter. The consistency feels thick and in the tub it quite solid and hard (compared to The Righteous Butter) but saying that it is easy to apply and easy to get the product out of the tub.

One thing I would say as it is quite rich, it takes a little longer to sink in the skin but the results after are amazing and your body will feel incredibly soft and supple. If you get dry feet, elbows or knees then pop some of this on before you go to bed and in the morning your skin will feel really hydrated! It's a bit pricey but so worth it!























What is your favourite body moisturiser? Are you lazy like me when it comes to moisturising?
 
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I love the S&G body butters, they smell so nice. I'll have to try the body shops strawberry butter, I imagine it smells heavenly.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell amazing! It does, although makes makes you feel like a strawberry all day haha!

      Delete
  2. Yupp, I am definitely super lazy when it comes to moisturizing my skin. It's a miracle I even manage to moisturize my face on a daily basis!

    I haven't tried too many body butters, but I'm currently loving Korres' body butter in 'Guava' (heheheh, guava). Everyone keeps saying how they enjoy the scent of S&G products, but I haven't taken a whiff of that yet, so maybe I'll try the body butter one day!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have to say the soap and glory scent isn't for everyone but I love it!

      Delete
  3. Soap and Glory moisturisers are so nice, but lately I've found myself using my body butter from The Body Shop! I have Satsuma, it's heavenly, although I do really want to try this Strawberry one! If I could afford it, I'd probably buy them all!

    leigh xx | imleighbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found myself using The Body Shop one too! I haven't smelt Satsuma, it must smell amazing! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Soap and Glory righteous butter but I LOVE The body shop strawberry body butter! I keep one in my bag at all times!

    Just letting you know I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! Would love to see your take on it if you get the chance :)

    http://pippa-love.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So handy to carry round!

      Aww, thank you so much, I will check it out now! x

      Delete
  5. I wish I could get my hands on Soap & Glory products here in Portugal, they seem lovely! New follower :) xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a shame you can't get them in Portugal! xx

      Delete
  6. i honestly love all three of these products! the strawberry BS one in particular is just amazing
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with TBS one at the minute, I can't get over the smell! x

      Delete
  7. the brazil nut scent from the body shop is /amazeballs/. for serious. i went through tubs of that so far and am on my way through a third. of the fruit scents, i like their grapefruit but haven't tried strawberry yet.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I haven't smelled that one before haha! Sounds nice though!

      Delete
  8. The Strawberry Body Butter scent is amazing! I've always loved the body butters from Body Shop! Right now I am loving the Pacifica brand- especially the Indian Coconut Nectar scent!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, never seen that in my Body Shop! I'm going to check that out!

      Delete
  9. I'm also loving the The Body Shop body butters :) Great post!

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always use the Soap & Glory Moisturising Mist on my legs when I go out. They stay shiny!

    polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig