Friday, 2 August 2013

The Colours Of The Rainbow Tag

I think everyone's done this tag now and as usual I'm late on the bandwagon. But better late than never right?! I've seen a lot of my favourite bloggers and youtube beauty gurus do this tags so I thought why not do one myself! So without further ado here is my:



Red: I went with the Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang for red. It's a beautiful classic red that lasts on your lips all day. I wear this on days where I'm too lazy to do my make up, I just slick some of this on and some mascara and I look put together (somewhat!).

Orange: For orange I picked the Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm (phew!). This is on the pricey side of £16 but I think well worth it!  It leaves my hair feeling unbelievably soft and my spit ends look less visible! My hair feels repaired!

Yellow: I really struggle on this one but I went with the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream. (I guess it's sorta yellow!). I like putting this on at night so when I wake up my lips are really soft and moisturised!


Green: I picked the Simple Revitalisation Eye Roll-On for green. I don't use this product all the time only when I feel like my eyes are puffy and need a bit of soothing! It's very cooling and it wakes up my under eye area without irritation 


Blue: I chose the Nivea 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner for blue! I like to use this after my L'Oreal Micellar Water and No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser for a double cleanse. It's really good at just removing the last traces of make up on your face. It has a really nice texture and isn't too drying on the skin. 

Indigo: Easy one for indigo, I picked the Real Techniques Shading Brush. This brush is quite dense so it is really good for picking up pigment and it's also good for applying your main colour to the lid. It's really soft too and it's just a general good multi-task brush!


Violet: Not really violet but it's kinda purplish! It's the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express. I like the volume it gives to my lashes and it looks great on the bottom lashes. The bristle brush is curved so it's good at giving curl and lifting the lashes. Although, I found that mine dried out fairly quickly and that sometimes it clumps my lashes together. 


Pink: The Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish in 408 Rose Libertine is probably my favourite pink polish I have! I'm really impatient so I hate waiting for my nails to dry but I love the formula because they really do dry quickly. Super easy to apply because of it's wide brush, it's opaque colour and with a good top and bottom top this lasts ages on my nails!

Multi-coloured: I picked the No7 Total Colour Compact. It has 8 eyeshadows, 5 matte shadows and 3 shimmery shadows, it has 4 lipsticks (the red is my favourite!), 1 mascara and 3 blushes which are all beautiful. Easy to travel with and it has a huge mirror! I also really like the packaging.


Have you tried any of these products? Have you done the Colours Of The Rainbow tag? Let me know!

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. That Rimmel polish brush looks so tiny!

    Heh, I also like putting lip balms that come in a tin on before bedtime, just so the product remains sanitary instead of me dipping my fingers when I'm out :3 Don't those lip butters smell wonderful?

    If they made that 'Coral Flush' blush in a single pan, I'd go on a hunt for it--that colour is gorgeous!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually quite wide in person and really dense! They do smell amazing haha! I found the single pan on boots here: http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Natural-Blush-Tint-Powder_1273442/ :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yay, thanks for the link! If I go on a UK shopping spree, I'll pick that up!

      Delete
  2. I still find it difficult to justify to myself the need to spend £16 on that balm, but oh man do I want it?! haha
    I basically LOVE every single product you've posted about. I haven't tried any No7 shadows though. How pigmented are they? :)
    Oh and I'm wearing the Rose Libertine on my nails now. Such a pretty colour!

    Aggie
    http://lawyerlives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it for my birthday so I'm using it sparingly, I love it but whether I repurchase it for that price I don't know haha! The darker eyeshadows are really pigmented compared to the lighter colours, the lighter colours need to be built up. :) I love that colour too, I wear it all the time! Thank you for your lovely comment! x

      Delete
  3. Love that rimmel nail varnish too! picked it up last shopping trip so strange! Adore the 60 seconds ones because who has time to seriously sit there waiting for nails to dry? Love your blog by the way and just followed on blog lovin, good job!
    Anfal
    http://beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk/
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm always wanting to do other things when my nails are drying haha! Thank so you much! xxx

      Delete
    2. ikr and I thought I was the only one haha! it's okay you deserve it! x x x
      http://beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  4. Lovely post - love Rose Libertine nail varnish such a gorgeous colour. And the falsies is a classic
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I agree, love both products! x

      Delete
  5. The rimmel apocalips are so pigmented! wow!

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig