Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Back To School Make Up Picks

August is flying by and it hit me a few days ago that I'll be starting a new college in less than a week! So I thought it'd  appropriate to show some my favourite make up picks for school, college, uni or work!

Don't feel like you need to use all these products, switch them out to what you want or just don't include what you don't want!






















I kept all the products highstreet so it's all affordable and in a reasonable price range, but like I said feel free to switch out products.

Starting with a base, I've picked the Rimmel Wake Up Me Foundation (£8.99), I look like a zombie in the morning so this helps me look awake and give my skins a nice glow. It has a good amount of coverage (light to medium) but if you are lucky enough to have clearer skin then you could go for a BB/CC cream or the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation!

If you need a bit for coverage then the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) is your best friend! Covers my spots and redness like a dream! If you stay up late like me then you need a good concealer to hide those dark circles and I've choosen my trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49), you can read my review about it here! To keep everything in place I used my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99), I use this very light handed and just dust this under my eyes and on my T-Zone.

For bronzer I picked the Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzer (£5.99) which gives my pale skin a bit of colour without looking orange! As for blush I picked the Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose (£3.99), It is a gorgeous peachy pink with a little shimmer so no need for highlighter!



Now for eyes and lips! For my brows I used the Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Dark Brown (£2.99). It has a handy little brush on the lid so you can brush though the brows and shape them to your liking.

For the eyes I went with Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet (£3.99), perfect to just sweep over the eye and blend out for a easy bronze/taupe eye look. You can read more about it here!

I picked two eyeliners, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Black and Nude (£3.99) (surprise, surprise it's Rimmel)! I like to tight line my eyes and create a soft line on my lash liner with the black liner, a brown liner would be nice too! I used the nude liner on my waterliner which really opens up my eyes! They glide on so smoothly and they really pigmented and creamy!

For Mascara I used the Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies (£7.99), gets your lashes extremely black, lifts them up and gives lots of flared out volume.



Finally for the lips I used the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey (£7.99). Easy to slick onto the lips and it leaves a pretty pink stain on the lips so no need to reapply throughout the day!
























What are must have for school or work?
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. great post! the color of the balm stain is so pretty, must check it out in person.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a beautiful shade! x

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about that foundation! I really want to try the rimmel scandal eyes liners still!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should when you get the chance!

      Delete
  3. I love stay matte and the collection 2000 concealer! I really want to try the revlon balm stain too!xx

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't live without them haha! You should, they have some lovely shades other than Honey! xx

      Delete
  4. great post!! I pretty much have and love all these products :)
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I love them all too! :) x

      Delete
  5. So much Rimmel LOL *_*
    I really should try out their new eyeliners, since everyone raves about them so much! (My first Rimmel liner was a hot smudgy mess, so for the longest time I hated Rimmel, but seeing all these fantastic reviews make me want to branch out, heh)

    Must have for school/work: concealer and blush!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know haha, but some of their newer products are really good! I can't live without concealer, I'd look dead otherwise!

      Delete
  6. I pretty much own all these prodcuts and I adore them all ! Great choices !
    I went through all your posts and I adore your blog, I am now following you on bloglovin !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! Your blog is lovely, followed you back! x

      Delete
  7. I have and LOVE most of the Rimmel products! Great choices for back to school!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the Collection concealer, It sounds amazing :) Love all your other choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the collection concealer, I have shade 2 and use it under my eyes. I find that it works better for under eyes than the rimmel wake me up concealer :) xx http://emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it under my eyes sometimes too, but I find it a little drying! xx

      Delete
  10. I spy a few of my favourite products, love the wake me up foundation and the collection 2000 concealer! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! These are wonderful picks! xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I would include the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation as well, it's my favourite highstreet one! The Falsies mascara might me my favourite mascara ever! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never tried the Bourjois foundation surprisingly, I really want to get my hands on it though! xx

      Delete
  13. I need to get some back to school makeup! Great post.

    Harian x. Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, youre so right! how quick has august gone?! im gutted summer is all but over :( .I have nearly every product on here ahha good choices!
    I look like a zombie in the morning too :'( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's gone too quick! Haha, thank you! At least I'm on the only one looking like a zombie in the morning haha! xx

      Delete
  15. The revlon balm stain looks so pretty! I have just came across your blog and i love it:)
    Becky xx

    beckylovesbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! Aww thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous picks!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I love the collection 2000 concealer its so good especially for the price :)
    Meg xx (new follower :))

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. honey is the bomb. everytime i post it on instagram i get loads of comments that it's people's go to lip color.

    i would really love to try the collection concealer but we can't get it hear in canada. the rimmel eyeliner in nude works well on the lower lash line for me but sometimes i feel like it wears unevely through the day. glad you enjoy it though :)
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig