Friday, 9 August 2013

Friday Favourite



















I've been reading Laura's Friday Favourties for a while now and I thought I'd do my own, so this week I've been loving my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (in ivory - £5.49). I've not been sleeping very well recently so you can probably imagine the dark circles under my eyes and my eyes have been really irritated and dry too! So, I've found myself just reaching for this concealer more than any other concealer I have in my make up collection this week (it was also in my July Favourites).

Most concealers in my collection are too drying for my eyes but not this one, it is nice and hydrating so I don't find my eyes get irritated or that my dryness gets worse for using this. It's amazing at covering my dark circles and just brightening up my under eye area which is exactly what I need!

The concealer is really creamy and easy to blend (I use a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush). I found that if set with a powder it stays put for pretty much the whole day, It doesn't go cakey either! I really like the doe foot applicator too because it packs on enough to product to swipe under both eyes without having to put the applicator back in for more.

It's honestly one of my favourite highstreet concealers and it has been an essential in my everyday make up! I'd highly recommend it to any one who needs a effective yet affordable concealer!

Have you tried this concealer? What concealer do you use everyday? Let me know!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Blerg, I was in the drugstore today and most of the Rimmel items were on sale + I had a coupon. I've heard so many good things about this concealer, so I'll have to pick this up then!

    I'm just a bit miffed about their shade selection though, especially since drugstores usually don't have testers :(

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most products in the drugstore are really yellow toned! But this concealer blends out really nicely :)

      Delete
  2. your blog is so cute! you should definitely have more followers!
    thank you for commenting on my blog so I could discover you :)
    I just started following you! maybe you could follow back?

    I've also wanted to try this concealer for ages so thank you for writing about it:)

    claresloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I adore your blog! :) I've followed you back! x

      Delete
  3. You have such a cute blog Lucy! I love your photo's and you write really well! My favourite concealer to use has to be the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer. I know it's £21 but god it's good! xx


    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, that means a lot to me! Oo, I really want to try that concealer! xx

      Delete
  4. heard some good things about this concealer but have yet to try. i'm a die hard fan of Make Up For Ever's full cover.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that concealer, but heard some really good things about it! Shame I can't get here in the UK!

      Delete

© Lucy Sprowell

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig